Sunday 19 November 2017

Book of Shadows (BoS) Prompts

There's now a Facebook Page!  https://www.facebook.com/BookOfShadowsPrompts/


Hi lovelies I'm Imogen but I am known across the internet as missimoinsane..



I have decided to bring these posts to you as a food for thought, a jumping off point and an encouragement to learn.  I have a lot of people come to me and say 'I'm new, will you teach me..' and in truth the only way (I personally feel) you learn is to read everything, practice everything, take onboard everyones opinions (not just one persons) and work out for yourself what YOU feel works for you regardless of if you're a Wiccan Pagan, Druid Pagan, Other kind of Pagan, Witch, Spiritual, Unsure, Inquisitive, Mundane or somewhere inbetween or beyond.  We all have to start somewhere so I thought I'd write a blog each week with some IN MY OPINION & MY BELIEFS (as an Eclectic Wiccan / Pagan and a Witch of 15-18 years plus (at this time).  Please feel free to disagree with me - but you don't to be rude about it.  Feel free to get others opinions or make your own mind up.  Feel free to grow.  Feel free to learn.  Feel free to teach.  Feel free to share.  Feel free to join the facebook page!! https://www.facebook.com/BookOfShadowsPrompts

So I guess we start here..


What is a Book of Shadows / Grimoire?  

- It is my understanding (in my opinion) that these books are used as journals, recipe/spell books, references and/or..  Well let me explain - A Book of Shadows (BoS) / Grimoire is used to contain a Pagan/Witch/Spiritual Persons spells, ritual, recipes, notes, thoughts, instructions, experiments, visions, other workings, instructions, education etc..  It is typically handwritten, but not always, and it's usually a very private book.  (Sometimes this book may be a collective book like one shared in a coven but here we're looking at personal BoS/G).  Sometimes this book is passed down throughout a family or left to descendants upon death and other times it's to be burnt with the writer.  Some writers even publish theirs or versions of.  - Similar books may be a Book of Light, Book of Mirrors, Book of Rainbows, Book of Angels and the list goes on.  I'm hoping whatever book or whatever faith / practice you follow you might learn something from these prompts.  Please feel free to continue a previous book you have you do not need to start a new one.  If you do opt to start a new one you can always transfer pages or information from your old book.  You can also have more than one book.  It's completely down to you.  And if you don't yet have one then my first prompt is for you..  I shall kick start this series with a lil mini series on getting started..


------------------------------------------

Prompts

These prompts will not (all) be deep detailed in depth covering every single aspect of a subject.  I'm not here to do your homework for you...  Just give you starting points and ideas for things to research further, write about, learn, do and grow..  Also note this is just MY opinion based on MY research.  Please take/do what feels right to you..


Prompt 1. Sunday 19th November 2017 - The 1st prompt is to read through my mini getting started series and get yourself a book (and/or rough book / notebook) ready for next Sunday!! 


--- .Mini Witchy / Pagan Book Series. -------------


Prompt 2. Sunday 26th November 2017 - The 2nd prompt...  Cleanse, Consecrating and Charging.  As well as write a Book Blessing and/or Dedication.  &  About me.  Signs, Elements, Correspondences, Stones etc.

Prompt 3. Sunday 3rd December 2017 - The 3rd prompt...  Pentacle  / Pentagram meaning & The 4 Elements: Earth, Air, Fire, Water.


Prompt 4. Sunday 10th December 2017 - The 4th prompt...  Tree of Life / Grounding Meditation / Whiteroom /Prayer


Prompt 5. Sunday 17th December 2017 - The 5th prompt...  Sabbats & Wheel of The Year.


(no post on 24th December as it's Christmas eve.)


Prompt 6. Sunday 31st December 2017 - The 6th prompt...  Moon Stuff.


Prompt 7. Sunday 7th January 2018 - The 7th prompt...  Enlightenment & Deity.


Prompt 8. Sunday 14th January 2018 - The 8th prompt...  Zodiac


Prompt 9. Sunday 21st January 2018 - The 9th prompt...  Herbs, Oils and Stones etc.


Prompt 10. Sunday 28th January 2018 - The 10th prompt... Colours (& Candles)

Prompt 11. Sunday 4th February 2018 - The 11th prompt will be... Intuitive, Empath & Clair's


Prompt 12. Sunday 11th February 2018 - The 12th prompt will be... Runes, Symbols, Sigils & Cyphers +Alphabet

Prompt 13. Sunday 18th February 2018 - The 13th prompt will be... Spirit guides / animals & totem animals & Familiars

Prompt 14. Sunday 24th February 2018 - The 14th prompt will be... Protection / Repel / Banish

Prompt 15. Sunday 4th March 2018 - The 15th prompt will be... Amulets, Talismans & Charms


Prompt 16. Sunday 11th March 2018 - The 16th prompt will be... Deity Offerings & Fae Offerings

Prompt 17. Sunday 18th March 2018 - The 17th prompt will be... About Witches 

Prompt 18. Sunday 25th March 2018 - The 18th prompt will be.. Divination

(no post on 1st April as it's Easter. - No I'm not joking hehe!)

Prompt 19. Sunday 8th April 2018 - The 19th prompt will be.. Starting to learn ie Stones & Herbs etc..

Prompt 20. Sunday 15th April 2018 - The 20th prompt will be.. Breaking the fear of Practicing  &  Writing Spells (and other workings)

Prompt 21. Sunday 15th April 2018 - The 20th prompt will be.. Magickal Housekeeping & Everyday Magick

Blog 22. Sunday 29th April 2018 - The 22nd prompt will be.. Shadow Work / Self Love

Blog Conclusion. Sunday 6th April 2018 - Summary of Part 1 

Blog Continuing. Wednesday 19th September 2018 - Have your say!  Introduction to Part 2 

Blog 23. Sunday 23rd September 2018 - The 23rd prompt will be.. Where and What Supplies to buy!

Blog 24. Sunday 30th September 2018 - Real Dangers of Stones, Herbs and Essential Oils!

Blog 25. Sunday 7th October 2018 - Practice for the budget/broke!

Blog 26. Sunday 14th October 2018 - The Urban / Techno Witch Supplies!


11th Oct 2018 Notice.  Hey my lovelies I know I'm only just back with the second part of my Book of Shadows Prompts etc however my circumstances have taken a hit and I will be postponing all future BoS prompts pending what happens next.  I'm now being made homeless, I have found somewhere to live but will struggle to finance the move..  Can you help?  TIA paypal.me/missimoinsane

A rough guide idea of what's to come..

Blog 28. Pending - Making a House a Witches Home
Blog 29. Pending - Magickal Properties of Salt
Blog 30. Pending - What are Wards?  & Empath Shielding?

Blog 31. Pending - DIY Working Book

Pending - Mini journaling series
- Automatically writing
- Photography 
- Planners & BuJos
- Art Journaling


More will be added..  



Imogen 



-----------------------------------------------------------------


--- .My BoS / Grimoire. -------------


--- .Links. -------------

Prompts (All round ideas).
Content Ideas (stuff I might like to include in my book).
Layout & Design Inspiration (How I might like my book/pages/content to look).
Tools & Materials (Things I might like to use to create in my book like stencils and journaling cards).
My actual BoS / Grimoire for anyone interested in seeing my progress..  


--- .Other Sources. -------------
RhomanysRealm YouTube 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Imogen, just like to thank you for you previous post regarding "Shadow Work". I found it very helpful , as it is something I need to do. Now I where to begin & what to do.
    Thank you.

    Regards,
    Mike Lambeth

    ReplyDelete