Thursday 16 November 2017

WW/MM. Breaking in your Book of Shadows / Grimoire etc. P2/5


I'm sure we have all been there..  A new diary, journal, sketchbook, canvas..  The blank page staring back at us, us knowing if we mess it up we perhaps can't just start over, hit undo or jump in our TARDIS and head back in time to before we messed up!

So how do we break that fear?  - Well I found the best way is to deliberately mess up!!  What!!  Yes!!

If you're going to mess up anyway then what difference does it make?  Fearing messing up to the point where you procrastinate and so don't ever use your book (a waste) or just generally not enjoy your book because of that 'what if'.  So let's get it out the way!  Now!

For me (an ill and disabled woman on a serious budget) I took my pretty book with its new altered cover changing the price of my book from £6 odd to a good £11 odd not forgetting days of my time and energy put into altering it complete with ribbons and a charm!  Time and energy put into cleansing, consecrating and pouring my intention and desire as well as a week sleeping with this under my pillow..  I didn't want to mess up and have to start over so I just went for it!  I decided to messily ink up all the pages with distress ink, I over stamped my stamp on the first page deliberately as well as messily heat embossing, I printed out the Wiccan Rede and 13 Goals of The Witch, cut, inked the edges and stuck in.. And you can see those inked edges ghosting through the page...  And now here we are a few pages done and I've broken in my new book.  Now I feel it doesn't matter if I mess up from here as I can tape over, collage over, glue something else over the top, turn it into art, paint over it..  Be imperfectly beautiful and creative...  Oh the possibilities to be creative!!  And as a creative type it makes my BoS / Grimoire much more me!!

So I guess it's like that film The Cinderella Story when referring to baseball "don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game!" - love that quote!! 

Good luck.  - I'd love to see what you do!  And feel free to follow me and my progress on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment