Tuesday 3 March 2015

WW. Lesson: Finding 'My' Element.

Hi everyone,
So I got talking with friends about elements or more importantly how to find yours and how to connect..  I thought it might benefit a few people to have a little mini lesson on this.  Please feel free to add more helpful information to the comment section of this xX



What are the Elements? 

(Please note this information is valuable).



What Element am I?

Now each of us is born under a certain sign (birth Sign) and there for each of us already have an element!  For me (Imogen) I'm a Sagittarius which makes me a fire sign.  - BUT I feel more so connected to Earth!  And I don't feel connected to Air and a little bit to water..  For the longest time I actually felt like I was cheating on Fire!!  Like me and Earth were having some secret love affair and it didn't feel good.  Then I learned that my Chinese Element is Earth!!  Woah!!  So I am born under both Fire and Earth!!  But regardless of this.  You can be born under Water and Metal and still feel you're a Child of The Fire Element.  


So first let’s address "what are my signs / elements" - I highly recommend this site:  https://www.myspiritualprofile.com/ simply because it gives you so much information on your stone, tree, number, day, signs, and elements etc...  


Having done that you should now know a little more about yourself.  How did that feel?  What did you learn? Has this affected you in any way?  - So I suggest writing this information down, also make notes if there's anything there you feel connected with prior, that explains a little about you didn't know about..  Perhaps you just made a few personal connections you didn't even realise - and yes I know how tempting it is to now run off and do the same for your boyfriend, girlfriend, hubby, sibling, parents, best friend, boss, your crush... and while that's fun...  for now I suggest save on confusions and just learn about yourself.  - Now while this is 'YOU' don't take this as 'IT' you don't have to be or feel any of these things.  Eg.  Maroon I hate that colour!  Fig? I don't feel connected to this tree and I definitely am not a fan of Tuesdays!!  Just simply use this as a guide.


I know a lot of people who are 'X' sign and are not connected at all, only a little or they're most connected. Some people are indeed equally connected to all. And some people are connected to none. - While both of these are seemingly quite rare traits it does happen.


How do I find my Element?

Exercise Part 1. I personally feel (credit where it's due) and I would suggest a couple of things.  First being a video by YouTuber 'TipToeChick' I honestly feel her lessons on this would help everyone / anyone and even if you already have an element it could still be a fun exercise for you and a learning curve even.  So here's her video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhAJa4w2Rrw I personally feel it 'starts' from Lesson 2 but feel free to watch Lesson 1.  I personally felt that Lesson 3 / there was no real follow up to this I don't know if she deleted that particular video or what.  But she suggests spending a day with each of the elements and obtaining items from that day and well watch her videos.  I personally love all her videos.  So for me she's a must see beautiful person.  - Full credit to TipToeChick.



Exercise Part 2. You can do this for each of the elements. http://www.wikihow.com/Connect-to-Your-Element cast a circle. making sure you call upon the elements and deity. I personally would bring a couple of items representing that specific element into the circle with you and spend a few HOURS with soothing very quiet music and just spend time meditating. Think about that element. How that element feels, smells, looks (I wouldn't suggest taste though lol). Think how that element came into your life. How do you feel about the element? How do you feel connected? Experiences. How often are you affected by this element? Etc etc. I'd take a notebook and make notes on thoughts and feelings. Also very much interact with your items. For example.

Fire. Candle, matches, charcoal (and cauldron) etc... Watch how the flame moves. The heat it radiates, the colours. The smell. The emotions etc. 

Water. Tap water, Sea water, Rain water, Spring Water, Storm.. Moon... Sun... Holy.... Different water temperatures? Is the water cloudy?  Can you feel the waters energy?  - I recently while on a beach trip found a bottle that had got filled with seawater. I brought this home - no idea what I'll use it for but you never know. But I notice this water is tainted with sand and other sea particles. It's cloudy not clear like tap water. Even rain water seems less transparent. Etc. Again feel how water feels on your skin. Does it smell? How do you feel about it etc.

Air. Feathers, incense (smoke), empty vial of 'air'. ...your lungs. Breath. Smell. Interact. I feel air is possibly the hardest yet the one we all do more so than the others.

Earth. Soil, herbs, plants, flowers etc. Feel textures. Smell... touch, other senses. Etc etc...

In the video TipToeChick did she suggests spending a DAY with each. Go out.. go places. Go to the beach, the woods, a field, your garden. Even big cities still have elements. Elements are everywhere.



Exercise Part 3. You do not NEED to cast a circle or spend a full day. You can simply just interact over any space of time. I would try and dedicate time to each element but you can also revisit this at any time or specific elements at any time. Always feel free to call upon the elements and talk to them. I personally use all elements in my rituals, prayer, spells etc etc. Even Tarot Readings and/or Dowsing. Here's another exercise where basically you can write down what you know about each element.. and then research to find out how accurate your knowledge is regarding 'that element' http://www.wiccantogether.com/profiles/blogs/your-personal-element 


I have my element, now what?

Practice! It really is that simple. Learn about it - this is important. Learn how to wield it to aid you in your magical and/or spiritual practices. As mentioned before I typically use all elements. Though I am more so connected to Earth and Fire. For me connecting to Earth and Fire can be something as simple as herbs for earth and an incense burner for fire. And burning these can enhance mood, state of mind, atmosphere etc. Aiding in relaxation, concentration, sleep, energy... and well a lot of uses. Though Air can also be used in this way and indeed an oil burner can represent water too. Fire connections in Candles and Earth connections in Plants. - This is just me personally. For Air you could try wind chimes. For Water you could try a small water fountain. There are many simple ways to connect with deep meaning.


Learn and study more about this element. How is it used? Who uses it? Deities (Gods/Goddesses)? Why is it used? Seasons and Wheel of The Year? Colour and item representations... Prayer, Ritual, Light Spell Work, Blessings... list goes on.



Challenge:

1. Read the information here and browse the links shared.
2. Write down your given element(s) from https://www.myspiritualprofile.com/ (please note that while your Chinese element may NOT be Earth, Air, Fire or Water).
3. Write down your elemental feelings prior to doing the exercise. If you like do this prior to any research at all and see how it compares up at each stage.
4. Pick one or more exercises to do / try.
5. Write about everything - this can be in a spider diagram, notes, pros and con's list, paragraphs - etc. However you feel comfortable writing, be sure you can reread this at a later date and it'll still make sense to YOU.
6. Keep learning and growing. Try different things. Do your own research.
7. Share any additional finds and helpful information, thoughts, suggestions, ideas, your journey and all that good stuff in the comments below (IF YOU WANT). Feel free to add more pictures to our growing galleries (or ask an Admin if they'd mind doing it for you).


REMEMBER THERE IS NO 'RIGHT OR WRONG' IT IS PERSONAL AND WHAT FEELS RIGHT TO _YOU_. I hope that might have helped some of you xX


Imogen xo

No comments:

Post a Comment