Tuesday 16 October 2018

Personal: I'M MOVING!!


So I figured I have a bit of time and because of that I’d write a personal entry update.  I have decided I’ll make more regular-ish updates to Twitter @ www.twitter.com/missimoinsane so if you want to follow what I’m doing you can follow me there!!  But here’s the plan and the updates of what’s happened with me..  I'm also creating a 5th instagram https://www.instagram.com/missimoinsane_life/ which will be everything moving, food, life, weight, cats, day to day etc etc..


So how did I get to where I am now?


First of all on Friday 5th October 2018
 I found out that I’m basically becoming homeless.  My current situation was that I was residing on the ground floor space of the 3 story house my parents were renting.  So as a disabled person I had my own bedroom, craft room, bathroom (well shower room), kitchenette and mouldy backroom and garage for storage oh and a shared hall / front door…  Pretty cushy setup..  However my Stepdads health is getting so much worse made worse by the stairs from the ground floor where I reside to their living room is 2 flights of stairs then another 2 to get to their bedroom.  My mum had her knees done some 20 years ago but they’re still not right.  And between all the stairs, all the issues with our home that our letting agency wont fix since technically we don’t have a landlord as the property we rent is a portfolio meaning it was repossessed and the rent is based on paying back that debt.  I digress..  Basically their friend has offered them a 2 bed bungalow in a super nice area, that has a wet room and is ideal for them and my 13 (nearly 14) year old sister.  However sadly that makes me homeless.  I absolutely couldn’t afford to take this place on on my own, in fact if I wasn’t here they wouldn’t be able to afford this place and they get more money than I do!!  So..


Sunday 6th
 Mum finds this absolutely perfect for me one bedroom bungalow, with garage, with garden, behind huge gates, that’s a detached property it’s almost like it was made for me and at a super reasonable price!!  Especially for the area which FIY is 6 minute walk to where my parents are moving to!!  (Thanks Google).


ignore the scrolling arrows it's on the photo not a cool click for more pics..


Monday 7th
 Mum rings up Estate Agency and they said they’d call back.  Mum rings up housing and they say if I find a private rent they will help me finance the move.  I’ve already been on the housing list for nearly 12 months and I’m still entitled to one of their properties however 1 property vs hundreds of applicants….  You do the math.


Tuesday 8th
 Mum rings Estate Agency and arranges a viewing for 3.20pm she explained to Zach about my anxieties, that I’m disabled on disability benefits and that I have 2 cats..  to which his response was “Well this property is perfect for her!” he went on to explain just how secure and private this place is and how it’s in a super quiet area except it is behind a nursery (if you can’t deal with kids playing then that’s a sad life surely?).  So.. excited!!  We went to view the property the garden has been left to wreck and ruin, the whole place is being gutted – brand new kitchen (in grey), new carpets and flooring (in grey), walls are all off white/cream and everything is being done up inside..  It’s going to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the 4 year old photo’s I saw..  Which I already thought was more than good enough..   I’m beyond excited.  

So we met with Oliver who was super nice..  I was almost hugging him by the end I was beyond excited..  He explained to me how there were 5 viewers coming today but I was the first!!  It’s available in 2-3 weeks time.  Eek I want this!!  We called the Estate Agency as soon as we left but they said by the time we get there they will be shut, but we can bring in my application form, £150 for the background checks (which I got back if I wasn’t successful) and the relevant ID and paperwork first thing in the morning.  I’m the first in line so if I want it and I’m successful then it’s mine..


Wednesday 9th
 First thing my parents drove me to the Agency so as they opened there I was dressed smart and a folder containing everything they’d asked for and more at the ready.  We spoke with Zach (who was the gentleman we arranged the viewing with), we said hi to Oliver who was beaming with excitement and kept singing my praises to the other guys and saying how it’s a perfect fit and so ideal..  Apparently 3/5 didn't show up..  Then it was all passed onto Paul.  Paul had to go through all the paperwork and give the Letting Agency approval..  He said it would then go onto the Landlord/Owner of the property which would probably be Thursday/Friday before they heard back and if they were happy with it (I’m disabled, on benefits, with 2 cats etc..) then it will go onto the background, security, history and credit check etc etc so probably be Tuesday at the latest before I hear back.  I’m excited but I don’t want to be because I know I’m simply not this lucky!!  Paul didn’t seem as excited as Zach and Oliver did..   Then I went home..  

I made a start on repacking stuff that was in storage since one way or another I have to move anyways.  I had a lot of stuff in storage from when I lived in a 3 bed house with my ex that had gone to wreck and ruin thanks to mice/rats, mould/damp and well.. yeh.  I managed to pack up nearly a dozen boxes and had over a dozen black bags of rubbish..

At just before 3pm I get a phone call.. It’s Paul..  He doesn't sound like he has good news BUT - the bungalow is mine if I want it!!!!!!!!!!   Landlord/owner is more than happy..!  Credit checks etc etc all passed no problems..!  I don't even need a guarantor..!  At best the work will be done 22nd at worst it will be done by 26th so to get packing..!!  I have till the day of completion to get £1160 together for bond, pet bond and first month’s rent!! (I now have) And on top of that amount I need to pool together 2-300+ for removals..  can you help?  Even £1 would be a massive help you can donate to me @ https://www.paypal.me/missimoinsane or you can buy stuff from me @ https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/missimoinsanecreations (which after I’ve moved I’ll add more stuff to so I can pay back the friends I’ve borrowed money from).


Thursday 10th
 I went to housing, dead pleased I'd got myself a place and asked for their financial aid to help me move.  I was then informed the property I'm moving to isn't in Fylde it's in Wire.  So I'm entitled to zero financial help.  In fact it was almost like this was all my fault because I picked a property I didn't even know was out the area..  My anxieties were sky high and I did very well to not have a full blown anxiety attack or rage out at her.  So her advice was to pick one of her flats in a choice of rough areas and she'd help me move.,  F'That.  Because I haven't lived in Wire for 3+ years nor do I know anyone that's lived there for 5+ years I'm not entitled to financial help from them either to finance my move.  So the final option is to apply for a discretionary grant but because I'm not already claiming housing benefit I'm not entitled to that either.  So option 1.  Swallow my pride and beg friends, family, strangers etc.   2.  Say goodbye to perfect bungalow and go get a flat which will make me even more ill, be in among druggies and party people.  The woman tried to assure me not everyone in Blackpool is a druggy.  In the last 5 years I've lived in 2 properties in Blackpool and both were next to druggies so in my experience 2/2 properties that's 100% so...  option 1 it is..

I went home and begged and borrowed from friends so despite my pride I have the £1160 - I do however need to find money for removals..  (So far I’ve had a small donation to say thank you for all the amazing work I do on these BoS blogs, another from a lovely lady who’s been there, money from my brother as a housewarming, my parents paid the £150 background check but need their money for their move now and I’ve borrowed some money from a friends who I need to pay back.. plus my benefits so I now have the money for the bungalow but need to find as said another £2-300+ for removals.


Friday 11th - Tuesday 16th
 I’ve done nothing but panic and worry, try to find ways to get money and pack as much as I can while being 1. Disabled and 2. Having very few boxes.  The plan is / was to go with a removals company that supplies boxes.  They were supposed to come yesterday (Monday 15th) at 10.30 but they called at 11 to say they would come sometime today (yesterday) to no surprise they didn’t however they’re supposed to be coming to give my mum a quote for her move and me a quote for mine!!  But they didn’t bother to come.  Mum left a message at 6pm saying that we weren’t available last night as we had stuff on and no one has got back to her about coming today and it’s already gone 1pm.  I spoke with the Estate Agency yesterday who said the kitchen went in over the weekend so now they just need to get the plumber to do his thing, electrician and gas man to do their thing, tiler to come in and do that then carpet people to come do the flooring and it’s done but they still don’t know if it will be closer to 22nd finish or 26th finish..  I told them I have money for them from this Thursday (18th) and they’re chuffed with that.  They have given me a copy of the energy rating from 2014 (I’ve found a 2016 version from H&M Rev) and a copy of the gas certificate which expired 3 months ago but obviously a new one will be issued as they’re fitting a new oven etc.


So I have so much stuff to pack, I’m creating an amazon wish list of stuff I want / need http://amzn.eu/2D8mUEb have a whole plan of stuff I’m doing to DIY which is going to become some YouTube tutorials and stuff here but feel free to follow me on YouTube @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTePDilWDEOAKGDXPgeMNmw?view_as=subscriber also on my 5 instagram accounts @ Witchy Stuff / Main account - https://www.instagram.com/missimoinsane/  @ Planner account - https://www.instagram.com/missimoinsane_plans/  @ Arts and Crafts account - https://www.instagram.com/missimoinsane_creations/  @ Photography account - https://www.instagram.com/missimoinsane_photos/ and my new account  @ Life account - https://www.instagram.com/missimoinsane_life/.  Then as for mentioned I am also on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/missimoinsane so let’s see where this crazy journey leads..


I don’t know when I’ll be back doing my Book of Shadows blog prompts but I definitely have some additional blog ideas on making a house a witchy home.


Thank you in advance if you help me financially with this move or if you just send positive thoughts and wishes my way.  

All the best xoxo Imogen aka missimoinsane


1 comment:

  1. Soooo....you're asking for thousands of pounds worth of stuff, for Free...Are you kidding me?? You've picked totally pointless stuff too, like a bird feeder - yeah, that's so essential, and a 300 quid vacuum? Here's an idea, you want stuff, get a God damn job! Don't tell me you can't; you seem to do fine on a phone and computer so tell me why you can't do telesales?

    ReplyDelete