Sunday 9 October 2016

- A Fly On Venus.

(A True Story, Enhanced with Nonsense)

Photo of my Venus Fly Trap photographed by me on 8th October 2016 
© Imogen Cane - missimoinsane 2016

I watch as the ebony body and glossy wings crawls so arrogantly across my screen.

I watch as the common housefly does her rounds, like a roller coaster... loop-de-loop.

I watch as she lands back on my screen.. Twitching and crawling.. ever so annoying.

I watch as she takes off again... One loop. Two loops. Three loops. Hulla Hoops.

I watch as she lands back again on my computer screen.

I yell. "The whole world to play in and you're here annoying me!".

I watch as she mocks me so. Ever inching closer towards the enticing terrarium but a foot away.

I watch as she does more loops, side ways this time... More loops, more loops.

I watch as she lands on the outside of the bowl. I smirk.

I watch as she crawls once, twice.. Around the bowl.. She takes of again with more loops.

I watch as she flies into my face mocking me more as though more intellectual than I.

I watch as she goes back to the bowl. She goes in.

I watch as the housefly lands on Venus. Crawling around she manages to avoid traps 1-5.

I watch as she takes off again. One loop. Two loops. Three loops. Fruit loops.

I watch as she's back on the screen.. Sticking her legs up as though to give me 'the finger'.

I sigh in disbelief.

I watch as she flies some more. More loops. And back in the terrarium she goes.

I watch as she slinks over traps 6-10. She's back out.

I watch as she flies around some more. Back in the terrarium. She avoids all 14 traps.

I watch as she wanders around.. She sets off some traps but they all miss her.

I watch as she flies back out.. Cheekily dancing on the rim of my tea cup.

I can hear her now, hear her laughing!

I watch as I try to attack but she avoids. Dodge, dodge, more dodge.

The fly is laughing. I'm going crazy.

I watch as loop after loop she laughs and back in the terrarium she goes.

I watch as she evades the closing mouths of 1 trap, 2.. 3... ...6.. Shes back out the bowl.

I watch as she proceeds to mock us. Over an hour if not two.. More loops, fruit loops.

I watch as my cat walks in. He sits down calmly.

I watch as the fly flies near him. 

With one swoop he pounces, catches and eats the fly... 

I watch as he walks off casually.

Venus fly trap and I look at each other. Hungry.



Imogen x
 - Exploring what's in my head.
www.missimoinsane.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment