Sunday 6 May 2018

BoS Prompts Part 1 Conclusion.




There's now a dedicated facebook page to support these blog posts @ https://www.facebook.com/BookOfShadowsPrompts/

Thank you all for the support.  I've now made a dedicated facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BookOfShadowsPrompts/ so if you go there turn on all notifications you won't miss these blog posts!!  


BoS Prompts Part 1 Conclusion.. Sunday 5th May 2018 The Conclusion to this series thus far.



This week isn’t much of a Book of Shadow Prompt as it is more of a conclusion summary to the previous posts and also a follow up of a few things plus a mini recap.  So..

First of all I’m closing the Facebook Group.  These posts get between 200 to 1000+ views each and the group has 103 inactive members (excluding myself) so I figured that closing down the group and creating a Facebook Page @ https://www.facebook.com/BookOfShadowsPrompts would be better.  I have amended each post so they link to the Page and not the Group.

I’m sadly ending doing these Book of Shadows blog Prompts here with a view to continue doing these posts come late Autumn (Fall) / Winter time..  But anything can happen between now and then so I make no promises.  However I will resume back to doing one off posts here and there which I think would suit this BoS category and so I’ll be posting them on my Patreon *for free* and also on my Twitter and in various Facebook groups..  & Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/BookOfShadowsPrompts/.  It’s been a crazy journey this past 25 weeks or so and so much has changed for me in that time.  I really hope these blogs have been of use to someone; and no I won’t be deleting them and so they’ll remain here for as long as they remain...!

What have I learnt?  I decided to do a 5 part series on getting started with a Book of Shadows.  I did 5 posts on setting up a Book of Shadows / Grimoire and then fellow members of a group I frequented asked me to do these blog posts every Sunday, we would work on them and share within the group what we had done on Fridays.  By week 8 I was very frustrated that not one person had bothered to do these prompts..  And by week 18 I had been banned from that group for being depressed and suicidal and unfriended by some of the people I thought were like family to me – so live and learn.  I did start doing these prompts for them but soon found that I was doing them for myself and I have learnt more, recapped, reviewed and grown so much as a spiritual / magickal person.  Outside of these I have also grown from my depression, anxiety, fibromyalgia and other medical problems and have a much more positive view forward with my life, at least the near future.  I am sad to be ending these posts here but I feel that I have achieved what I wanted to do in bringing you food for thought and a jumping off point as to what to include in your Books of Shadows as well as hopefully some encouragement to learn and grow yourselves.  I have a lot of people come to me and say 'I'm new, will you teach me..' and in truth the only way (I personally feel) you learn is to read everything, practice everything, take onboard everyones opinions (not just one persons) and work out for yourself what YOU feel works for you regardless of if you're a Wiccan Pagan, Druid Pagan, Other kind of Pagan, Witch, Spiritual, Unsure, Inquisitive, Mundane or somewhere inbetween or beyond.  We all have to start somewhere so I thought I'd write a blog each week with some IN MY OPINION & MY BELIEFS (as an Eclectic Wiccan / Pagan and a Witch of 16-19 years (at this time).  Please feel free to disagree with me - but you don't to be rude about it.  Feel free to get others opinions or make your own mind up.



You can follow me on Instagram here. (I’m currently doing a Giveaway!)

You can also check out my YouTube as I post unboxings and my thoughts and opinions on DeAgostini’s Enhancing Your Mind Body Spirit magazines so check that out here.

I truly hope we have covered What is a Book of Shadows / Grimoire?   - From my understanding (in my opinion) that these books are used as journals and/or references and/or..  Well let me explain - A Book of Shadows (BoS) / Grimoire is used to contain a Pagan/Witch/Spiritual Persons spells, ritual, recipes, notes, thoughts, instructions, other workings, instructions, education etc..  It is typically handwritten, but not always, and it's usually a very private book.  Sometimes this book may be a collective book like one shared in a coven (but here we're looking at personal BoS/G).  Sometimes this book is passed down throughout a family or left to descendants upon death and other times it's to be burnt with the writer.  Some writers even publish theirs or versions of.  - Similar books may be a Book of Light, Book of Mirrors, Book of Rainbows, Book of Angels and the list goes on.  

Is there anything I didn’t blog about of which you would have liked me to of blogged about?  Feel free to IM me on that Fb page, to my Instagram, in the comments below..  I’m sure my knowledge is much more extensive than what I’ve shared here.  Plus I love to learn and grow too..

So until Merry Meet again for now Bright Blessings, much Love and Light and Merry Part xX Imogen x

Ps.  Here's some of my favorite YouTubers..
RhomanysRealm YouTube 
Molly Roberts -HerSpeak YouTube
Kelly-Ann Maddox YouTube
Adam Balan YouTube
Joey Morris YouTube 
TipToeChick YouTube 
Tarot Tribe Beyond Worlds YouTube
LadyGraveDancer YouTube
Earthly Alchemy YouTube
Raven Flower YouTube
Owlvine Green YouTube
Joanna DeVoe YouTube
DragonFeather369 YouTube
Amethyst YouTube
Erick Silvermoon YouTube


-----------------------------------------

Thank you all for the support.  For anyone wishing to share, ask for help, talk about BoS / their book and relevant content (or for more information, ideas and unmissable blog posts go to new Fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/BoSPrompts/  Also as previously mentioned you can go on the website version of this blog over on the left there’s a ‘subscribe by email’ so you don’t miss a single post from me.  If you’re on the mobile version scroll right down to the bottom and click ‘view as website’ and that should take you to the website version where you can expand, navigate to the left and subscribe by email :)  I will continue to share this on my Patreon *for free* and also on my Twitter and in various facebook groups..  & Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/BookOfShadowsPrompts/





2 comments:

  1. Hi Imogen, I must tell you I caught your last blog regarding Shadow Work was just what I needed to know & I have a better understanding of what I am to do & how to proceed. Thank you.
    Regards, Mike Lambeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic to here! I'm now working on bringing back this series!!

      Delete