Sunday 20 November 2016

⋆ WW: Beginner "Witches" Study! ⋆

Merry Meet Lovelies!!


Thinking out loud..! So a lady asked me (on my introduction to PPWWMM video I posted on my YouTube @ imogenakamissimoinsane) for some suggestions to books since I had mentioned, at length, about the price tag that comes with doing the Wicca A Year And A Day 366 book due to the shopping list requirements..

I pondered upon what she had asked knowing that when I first started out there was no YouTube and being in the broom closet at that time the only study opportunities I had were the internet... I couldn't really have books (not that I could have afforded them). But armed with that and a printer.. I was able to research, study, write, print out, highlight, make notes and combine all this in plastic document sleeves in 3 rather large and extensive ring binders which I was always swapping and changing and moving things about. - This became somewhat of my first Book of Shadows (BOS).

For the first 2-3 years before I officially started practicing this is what I did, I studied and I studied everything. Armed with a knowledge that not everyone's personal opinion (or their practice) is right but at the same time it's not wrong!! And this is why I class myself as a Witch / Pagan / Eclectic Wiccan - because I take what parts from various walks of life, practices, religions etc and apply what feels right to me to my path and my journey and my practice etc.

While study is something I still do, and pretty much daily, there's always more to be learnt / taught!! So I suggested to her a YouTuber by the name of The Gothic Enchantress of whom did a video called "Tips for beginner witches!!!" and I personally think if you write down every 'key word' she says.. Google and study each word, not only would it be a fantastic starting point for beginners but a great refresh to formed practitioners. - Plus a huge crossover and/or education to not just none witches but to those of pagan and similar faith or interested to learn (more) and those with no knowledge other than the Hollywood Notions of what witchcraft, witches, pagans and occult etc actually is..



Share: Video & Full Credit Goes To YouTuber The Gothic Enchantress - Thank you!!
Video & Full Credit Goes To YouTuber

Task
1. Go grab matterials to be able to jot down notes. Such as a note book and pens / computer, writing software and a keyboard / phone and writing app.
2. Watch the video through at least twice, (perhaps the first time just watch and the second make notes) rewind if you have too, but write down all key words that are said. 
3. Make a plan to study these words even if it's only one word a day or one word a week and really focus and research and learn (you may even learn some words or terms you were very confident about their meanings will suprise you!).

I hope that might be of use to you!!
BB Imogen Xx #PPWWMM

2 comments:

  1. That's fantastic, thank you so much! From the small bits of reading I've done over the years lots of people seem to disagree with each other about where which beliefs / practices / views come from which makes it a bit confusing for beginners but very interesting nonetheless! Thanks again x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome!! It is my belief that truth is we don't really know how our ancestors practiced!! What is "right" or "correct". Neopaganism is a new religious movement only a few hundred or so years old; this practice attempts to revive and recreate ancient ancestral practices such as Shamanic, Druid and other Earth Religions / Practitioners. Wicca is just one form of Neopaganism. I'm hoping by resurrecting The Gothic Enchantres's video it may spark some food for thought and knowledge. Blessings Xx

      Delete